A lot of people think the process of region changing is difficult, but in reality, it isn't. All you need to have is a credit card that has been issued in the country you wish to change your steam region, and VPN from that country.
What are the benefits of region change?
The main advantage we care about is much lower game prices! For example in Argentina as a result of mega inflation games cost 100x less than in other countries. For example, Phasmophobia in the US region costs $13.99, but in Argentina, less than 1$ or MX Bikes costs 34.99$, and 1.41$.
Any downsides? Only one, some games are region locked and they can't be bought or played in Argentina.
Can I change my region with VPN?
Most articles on the internet will tell you "Yes you can", but the truth is you won't be able to buy ANY GAMES, even with gift cards! The option to pay with gift cards will only be possible after making the first transaction with a credit card from a particular country. With a VPN you will change your region temporarily, and after switching it off, the region will be back to normal. That's why you need a credit card to change your region permanently.
My region was reverted, can I change it again?
- If your region has been reverted from Argentina you need to wait 90 days to switch again to the same region.
If your region has been reverted from Kazakhstan, Turkey, or Ukraine, you can switch the region to Argentina without waiting.
Am I eligible for region change?
To be eligible for region change two things must be met:
- Your Steam account must have the community market unlocked. That means you need to spend at least 5$ in your account.
- You haven't changed your region within 90 days or haven't been reverted from Argentina.
Will Revolut, Wise, or other virtual credit card providers work?
Unfortunately, they won't. Revolut, Wise works only if you physically go to a specific country, e.g. for shopping in the mall. Steam does not check whether the card supports a given currency (TL or ARS), but checks the origin of the card, in which country from which bank it was issued!
So where should I buy a card then?
You can buy from us. Our Argentinian prepaid credit cards cost 8.69$, it's a fair price compared to how much you can save on games. Every card we sell is 100% fresh and unused, they were tested by us and hundreds of our customers.
Click Here To Buy Argentina Prepaid Card Now
What VPN should I use?
Choosing a good VPN is crucial because some VPN providers have servers that are blacklisted. Steam can detect it and your card will be declined during purchase. Here is the list of good VPNs and blacklisted ones:
Good VPNs: Ivacy, Pure VPN, UrbanVPN (Free)
Blacklisted: NordVPN, Windscriber (DO NOT USE)
How would I buy games after the region change?
After changing the region, steam blocks your previous payment methods, and there are four the safest ways to purchase games:
- Argentinian Steam gift cards (ARS$)
- Gift games from a second Argentinian account by Steam wallet
- Before the region change, recharge your wallet with your national currency. Then after, currency in your Steam wallet will be automatically converted to pesos.
- Find somebody that can recharge your Steam wallet with ARS
Any other payment method like PayPal, Revolut, or your own credit card will revert your Steam region!
How to prevent region reverting?
Steam has recently started a war with region changes, and randomly reverts user's regions to the original. No one knows exactly what causes it, and it can happen during playing games or while normally using your account.
Thanks to our analysis, we have found rules that will decrease the chance of region revert. But keep in mind that there is always a risk of being reverted regardless of sticking to the rules below:
- Do not sell anything on the Steam community market (40% of getting reverted, if you want to take a risk then turn on a VPN)
- Do not use Revolut, Wise = revert
- Do not refund/return any game that you bought. Just believe us, after that steam will make your region back to original.
- Use VPN every time while buying games
- Use ARS$ Steam gift cards
- Gift games from a second Argentinian account to your main by gift cards
HOW TO CHANGE STEAM REGION TO ARGENTINA
STEP-BY-STEP FULL GUIDE
THIS ARTICLE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.
Step 1. Logout from your Steam account
Step 2. Buy an Argentinian prepaid card
As we told you before, the Argentina prepaid credit card is the basis of changing the region on Steam.
So you can buy it from us here
Step 3. Get Argentinian VPN
DO NOT USE NORD VPN, WINDSCRIBER (BLACKLISTED BY STEAM)
In this guide we are going to use UrbanVPN, it's 100% free VPN and works fantastic with Steam. We also encourage you to use UrbanVPN because it has been tested by us dozens of times.
Download UrbanVPN from here for Windows or Mac here. Then install it on your computer.
Step 4. Connect to VPN
Please note, to the end of the guide VPN must be turned ON!
1. Open UrbanVPN
2. Find "Argentina" in the location list
3. Click connect button
4. Well done now you are connected to the Argentina server
Step 5. Log in to your Steam account
Do not use a mobile app, please use a Steam PC client.
Step 6. Add to cart cheap game
To change the region on Steam, we need to buy a game. Our card has a balance of 45 ARS$ so the game must have a price below.
Warning! Steam has blocked buying games that cost below 41ARS$, so you need to pick a game between 41.00-45.00 ARS$
- Barro GT
- Climb With Wheelbarrow
- Tenders Fight
- Bed Faction: Armageddon
- Beat Hazard 2
Step 7. Change currency to ARS$
1. Now go to the cart, and change the currency to Argentina (ARS$)
2. Then click "Yes, my billing address is in Argentina"
3. Then proceed to checkout by clicking "Purchase for myself"
Step 8. Fill in all information
1. If the card number starts with "5" choose MasterCard at the checkout, if it is "4" choose Visa
2. Fill in card details
3. For billing information please use a random Argentinian address, you can generate it here
4. Then click "Continue"
5. And buy a game
Step 9. Enjoy the cheapest games ever
Now you can turn off the Argentinian VPN and enjoy the cheapest games ever!
1. If you received this error (click here to see the image), you must change your VPN. (please use UrbanVPN, it works with Steam).
2. However if the credit card was declined by the card company (click here to see the image), your Argentinian billing address or zip code is incorrect, so please generate a new address and make sure that the zip code is valid with the city.
3. Card is one time use, do not try to use it twice (your Steam account may get banned)
4. Buy a cheap game like Barro or Squarism.
5. Use the card within one hour. After one hour card will expire!
6. If you are using a laptop, please make sure that your IP is from Argentina after turning on the VPN. You can easily check it on myip.com. If you see YOUR IP instead of Argentina, this means your network doesn't support certain VPN encryption. The best solution is to use a desktop computer or change VPN (Ivacy, Pure VPN, Hide.me - free, strong VPN, UrbanVPN - free).
7. If you still have problems, please give us your Steam details (login:password), and we will change the region for you or give you a replacement.